Re: [CH] Meatballs (thanks!)

JohnT (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:55:55 -0500

Thanks, Paul...  I appreciate that.  Learned a lot at O.F. this year
even though once again my health keep me from doing all the
socializing that I would have liked.  Next year I WILL get there on
Thursday so will be recovered by Saturday.

Jim's comments on plastic containers for hot sauces was especially
interesting and I'll be all glass from now on.  Ordered 3 diff kinds
of sauce pumps a couple days ago to use with my burrito sauces.
Pretty much have totally changed to making my burritos w/o much heat
and adding hot cheese/salsa/whatever sauces just before serving.
These pumps will screw onto regular mason jars or snap on to cans
etc.

Been a burrito making machine for the last week or so.  Smoked a 6
lb pork roast, 3 lb yard bird and 3 lbs of a new meatball mixture
using Mary-Ann's suggestion of lamb.  Also a couple doz eggs
scrambled with some J.D. sausage rolled into little hotdogs as a
base for breakfast burritos.

http://www.fototime.com/6B1CBC1153ED986/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/B382D4496ABECFF/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/80043A03229BD2E/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/12A9DED2C95153A/standard.jpg

Cold weather coming...   not at all ready to be taking plants
indoors for the winter.  There will be a lot of pubescens casualties
as am going to a two year rotation system as 3rd year ones decline
so much under my growing conditions.

Special thanks to Needham for an awesome Arp rosemary plant that he
brought to O.F. for me.

Paul, your power-nap pix will keep us laughing for a long time!

jt