RE: [CH] Homemade Fajita seasonings

Frank J. Hashek (fhashek@comcast.net)
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:58:57 -0500

Here is a good base mix by some people who use quality spices, no filler
ingredients:
http://penzeys.com/

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysfajitaseas.html

Here is a link to E-Bay sources for fajita cooking pans:
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/SaleSearch?sofocus=bs&satitle=cast+iron+faj
ita&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC5&fbd=1&amp%3Bsspagename=h%3Ah%3Aadvsearch%3AUS&fro
m=R6&nojspr=y&fscl=1&pfid=0&fswc=1&few=&saprclo=&saprchi=&fss=0&saslop=1&sas
l=&fls=4%26floc%3D1&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D0&salic=1&saatc=1&sadis=200&fpos=4610
7&fsct=&sacur=0&sacqyop=ge&sacqy=&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&sabdlo=&sabdhi=&fsop=1%26fso
o%3D1&fcl=3&frpp=50
If unable to click on or copy and paste this, just enter the words: cast
iron fajita
In your E-Bay search.  You can use the cast iron pans on the grill or on the
stove.  Some of the E-Bay offerings include wood holders, so you can get it
just like your favorite Mexican restaurant.

Fajitas are both a cooking method and spices.  You can add chiles to your
taste to the base mix.  The cast iron pans are good because they hold a lot
of heat, allowing for fast cooking of your meat and/or veggies.  Get your
cast iron good and hot, then add a little olive oil.  Put on your meat
and/or veggies in the order you need to get them all done at the same time.
Serve with your choice of sides: Pico de Gallo, guacamole salad, salsa, sour
cream, lettuce, corn and/or flour tortillas etc. etc. etc.

Now, if Alex would give out the formula for his "Red Problem", you could put
some of that on your fajitas too!

Blue skies and hot chiles,
Frank