Re: [CH] Spicy Foods for Babies

JohnT (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:27:26 -0500

Matt,

Thanks for the info!  Very interesting and I'll be passing it on.

I'll never forget my doctor (about 12 years ago) telling me that
people with my condition (Crohn's Disease) should never eat hot
stuff.  He is now a convert.

jt

----- Original Message -----
From: Matt Evans
To: ChileHeads
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 12:49 PM
Subject: [CH] Spicy Foods for Babies

Hi, CH's --

When my wife was pregnant with (and nursing) our daughter, Nova, she
didn't really modify her diet other than eating more and avoiding
too
much fish (mercury).  That meant eating lots of spicy and ethnic
foods
-- we figured that folks in, say, China, India, or Africa continued
eat lots of spicy foods when they were pregnant and subsequently
gave
those same foods to their children once they began eating solid
foods.
 This didn't seem like such a radical idea to us, but surprised many
people that we knew (friends and family alike).  Well, CNN weighs
in:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/parenting/10/10/baby.food.myths.ap/index.html

Interesting, although maybe not surprising to members of this list.

Matt