Re: [CH] FL HOTLUCK

AndyB (abarnhart@vcmails.com)
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:58:02 -0400

John,

Unfortunately, I'm too far away to attend.
But here are a few tips:

o Buffet style
   -- so some can take small samples to gage heat and flavor

o Labels for what it is and how hot

o A range of heats is desirable
   o Some not hot -- some spouses of CHs may not be CHs
   o Mostly moderate heat items
   o Of course, some will want to experiment with the extreme

o Especially if someone might bring an extreme item
   => Have some 'antidotes' handy:  Milk and ice cream are best.
   For those who are lactose intolerant, iced tea is of some
   limited help, but one has to sip it for 10 min or so.

o If you are going to attempt an extreme item, use extreme care
   in the preparation.  One such extreme is Doug's Evil Cookies
   ("R004" on http://www.abarnhart.com/faq/r.htm)
   No foolin' -- these are evil.  However, they are particularly
   tasty with spoon of vanilla ice cream on top.

AndyB