Re: [CH] Dehydrator

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:21:23 -0500

jim@wildpepper.com wrote:

> I *USED* to be able to dry chiles in the house... then the wife cranked
> the stove up one time from 155 F to 425 F without looking inside of it
> first.  Yup- about 15 lbs of Savina(R).  The house was uninhabitable for
> awhile.

I bet Abby never did that again.

When I had a gas oven with a pilot light I found that the temperature
of the oven was nearly perfect for drying almost anything. Then I
moved into this all-electric place ... hence the American Harvest (I
think) dehydrator.

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and
car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian