Re: [CH] hmmm

John H. Sphar (jsphar@pacbell.net)
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:01:13 -0800 (PST)

Our first batch of hot chocolate disappeared quickly,
and the girls are not even home from school yet!  I
used to make them "Grandma's hot chocolate" with
Hershey's powder, sugar and a pinch of salt made into
a paste.  Add vanilla. Almost like yours but no corn
syrup.

But then I started making Ibarra hot chocolate.  Just
milk with the tablets, blended up.  (I use 1.75
tablets per 48 oz. of milk.)  My kids went crazy over
that, and I occasionally apologize to my departed mom.

The one thing that was consistent in both versions was
my mom's use of 1 part canned (full fat) evap milk to
one part water, instead of milk.  That give the drink
a velvety texture that people really remember.

The latest iteration is the hab powder you mentioned.
Excellent.  However the blender container needs more
frequent washings!

John S.

http://www.positive-ecology.org/chillilaboratory/chocolates1.html

(http://www.tearsofjoysauces.com/store/catalog/product_16835_Prairie_ThymeChocolate_Habanero_Fudge_Sauce.html)