Re: [CH] stuffed rocoto/manzano recipe

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:36:07 -0800

Gadzooks! My por old heart can't stand too many shocks like that! Here
is one that I like. I make a picadillo:
1   lb ground pork
1   onion minced
2   garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup olives cut up
1/4 cup almond pieces
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp oregano, I prefer Mexican
Brown meat, add onion and garlic, cook for a minute then add all the
rest. Cover & simmer for about 15 minutes. Let cool and stuff
pepper(your choice as to which) with some sharp cheddar and some of the
meat. Then I do something different from the regular relleno. I layer
the stuffed peppers in a casserole dish. Beat 2 eggs with 1 cup milk add
1/4 cup flour, beat to mix, and pour over the chiles then into a hot
oven, 375F until the custard is set...a much different chile relleno!
There ya go, James you could even do this one at the fire house!
Try it John, betcha you will love it....and a heck of a lot less work
than individual rellenos!
Cheers, Doug in BC