Re: [CH] stuffed rocoto/manzano recipe

John H. Sphar (jsphar@pacbell.net)
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:52:27 -0800 (PST)

I knew you all would come through.  Thanks.  I sorta
did a hybrid.  Dave, yours sounds very Peruvian.  I
can't wait to try that one.  I only had a couple
hours, so I browned some turkey dark meat (ground)
with onions and garlic and garilc salt.  Turned the
heat off and threw in a lot of cream cheese (so it's
basically cream cheese-based).  Added cilantro at the
last minute.  Came out great.  I wrapped a slice of
bacon around each rocoto and grilled.  Excellent.
Only prob is that most of my family won't eat it.  My
bad.  Maybe should have used poblanos.

Frank thanks.  I'm saving all suggestion. Doug, I'll
try yours too.  I can't believe I can get these things
in March.  10.00 per pound however.  Orange and red
and yellow.

Hey Doug haven't seen you in awhile:  Marie doing OK?

Thanks all,  John  Sphar