RE: [CH] Relleno filling - potatoes?

dan combs (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:40:32 -0500

At 10:29 AM 4/12/2006, you wrote:
>  Hmmm, a germ of an idea here.  I also like baked sweet potatos.  I am fond
>of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.  I will play around with chipotle
>(powder or in Adobo) in that mix.  I'll be trying a straight-up baked SP,
>maybe cutting back on the butter, to lower the heart attack quotient a bit
><G>  It ought to be good, as I liked the Chipotle - Cranberry Relish recipe
>that popped up on the list about a year ago.

Years back I made up a couple of batches of a hot sweet potato
butter, like apple butter.   I boiled the sweets with onions until
very mashable, added a touch of vinegar, a glob of molasses, a bit of
salt, a wee smatter of brown sugar and a big wallop of shredded
habeneros.  I canned in a pressure canner for a long time and am
still eating the results.  We named it "Baby's Breath."

The mix is just right for slathering onto fresh baked white
bread.  It is just hot enough to make you think, "Hmmm.  Another bite
of bread will help control  the burn..."

carp