Re: [CH] Relleno filling - potatoes?

David Anderson (squtch@gmail.com)
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:24:53 -0700

On 4/12/06, Alex Silbajoris <asilbajo@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering how many places do this - some of the Mexican places here
> have mashed potatoes as part of their relleno filling.  Is that a regional
> style in Mexico?

I think it is more of a poor people style than a regional style. It's
like rice and beans, it is a cheap filler.

On the rancho that I stay at down in Baja, I was surprised the first
time I came across the diced potato in the rabbit tacos, but I quickly
grew to love the flavor and texture. Now I add diced potato to me own
taco and burrito fillings up here sometimes.

Dave Anderson (the other one)