Re: [CH] OLD CH

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:18:02 -0700

NECM wrote:

>On 3/25/06, Cameron Begg <PheasantPlucker@columbus.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>>Huuuummmmm..... Weird Doug hasen't responded to this one.
>>>He's usually so quick on the up-take......

Hey there Scottie......who ya callin WEIRD DOUG???????? So happens that
we were away for Easter visiting one of our kids, who just moved into
another house they really lucked out on. Away out in the boonies, 8
minutes from where they lived prior, and they really lucked out on the
location, price and ambience of their new home. House was custom built
28 years ago,  and it is one of the greatest homes that I have seen in a
long time...the sort of home that when you walk in,  embraces you with a
warm welcome.  They are only 6 minutes away from their previous home,
but on over half acre, fully landscaped, well treed, and both floors
fully developed. Rather interesting neighbour, who owns a lioness, and a
wolf! He rents these out for movie work, etc. Lion is fully caged, quite
tame, he has had her from a cub. He also has an 8 yr old dtr so is not
too interested in his lion escaping! Grahame has a huge work shop, which
really turned his crank...he does auto detailing as a part time biz, so
lots of room for that. The old guy got put to work, however. Besides
cooking, I had to work on their cook top, a JennAire which IMHO is a
load of crap. Had to rebuild the four switches on that cook top, only
glad that I didn't have to take the convection/bake oven apart as well.
Next time however, if it holds out for another month or so. Course this
was Easter weekend Good Friday, etc., so nothing in the repair field was
open! Good thing the old man has a good electrical grounding(NO pun!) So
as I am now in my 81st year, I suppose I have the honor of being the
oldest hot shot on the list? Anyone can have this label, just be older
than I am! Cheers, Doug in BC