Re: [CH] That Fishy Smell

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Sat, 20 May 2006 22:19:50 -0400

Dugal --

Unfortunately, it wasn't a garden space before we moved in.  The prior
owners had a swingset in the spot.  It was hard, compacted, red earth
covered by landscape fabric and several inches of wood chips.  I
removed the landscape fabric and tilled the chips under -- I'll handle
the nitrogen deficiency chemically.

I guess that's what weirds me out about the whole thing -- this was
virgin crappy soil before I worked it, and I didn't add anything
fishy....

Matt