Re: [CH] noted for what?

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Fri, 09 Jun 2006 20:45:24 -0700

NECM wrote:

> You mean Queen Victoria from the "Victorian Era" of the UK? Sorry, a
> bit before my time.....
>
> Hi Doug! Glad to here Marie doing well. Have had so much rain in New
> England I coulda sworn I was in the Pacific NorthWest! That's near
> you, right? HeHeHe!

Yep....we IS the Pacific NorthWest!  Yes, that was the old gal. But she
wasn't before my mother's time. And as my mother lived in Glamis
Scotland when she was a teen, she used to see the Lady Elizabeth
Bowes-Lyon being driven in a dog cart, with her attendant, when the
future wife of King George V, and the mother of the present Queen
Elizabeth 2nd was out for an afternoon jaunt...I have lived under the
reign of 3 kings, George V, Edward Vlll,  George Vl, and one Queen,
Elizabeth ll, who shares the birth year with me, we are both in our 81st
year, both being born in 1926. I have seen that you have a lot of rain,
lately and I wondered if perhaps old Mass was gonna break off and do a
reverse on the pilgrims, floating back to England???
On the 21st we head off to Winnipeg to complete our aborted trip to our
eldest dtrs and family from last August, when Marie ended in ER rather
than the 747! Because it was a medical emergency, our tickets were
retained for us, althught it cost an additional 98 bucks because of fuel
cost increase, not too bad, considering it is both of us, return. I have
3 peppers, 4 tomato plants, various herbs, all going great, and a gal in
the building who will keep them watered for us for two weeks while we
are away. Life is good! Hope all is well with you, Paul....cheers, Doug
in BC