Re: [CH] What causes pods to turn ripe?

NECM (northeast.chileman@gmail.com)
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:21:34 -0400

Hi jt & JimC!
Well I'll express an observation I'll prove or either of you can prove
at Open Fields this year. Find two Capsicum plants next to each other
that have a fairly even number of unripe fruit (after all ripe fruit
are picked) in the Field of Dreams (I think one each C. annuum, C.
chinense & a C. bacatuum should do). Dig one of each out as early as
possibile, Friday morning would be great. Stick the roots in water &
rinse off all that Indiana growing media (CLAY to us northeners).
Leave "yanked" plant in direct sunlight, if we have any this year,
untill it wilts badly then stick the rooys in water for an hour or so.
Repeat untill we leave the Field of Screams & compare the "yanked"
plant to the one still in ground.....

NECM

--
Is this where I'm suppose to attach some witty little ditty?