Re: [CH] Yes, Where Are They?

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:00:19 -0400

Hi, Sandy --

I'm here, alive and well.  I actually just posted a few days ago
(Welcome back, Ginger!) and then again a couple of weeks before that
(growing tips for Pecos?).

Michelle (wife), Nova (daughter), and I (me) relocated to Raleigh last
December.  I am an assistant professor in civil engineering at NC
State and Michelle is staying home with Nova and waiting for little CJ
to arrive (December 4th).  We have a small garden, but much scaled
down from the monstrosities we grew in Atlanta.  We have about 400
ft^2 with tomatoes, chiles, zucchini, squash, and cucumbers.  We also
have an "herb annex" separate from the main garden.

I'll admit that I haven't been as diligent as in the past about
posting recipes, gardening tips, and, mostly, questions.  I haven't
moved over to the new list and don't monitor it, but I think I have
posted there twice.  Inertia is a powerful force, and honestly, I like
the plain text listserv format.  There's also a bit of nostalgia as
this is the first list I ever joined (03/2001?) and one of only three
of which I am a member.

If you look at the archives, I think you'll also find that I groveled
for (and ultimately bought from a list member) seeds back in the
spring.  I managed to kill most of those (damping off) so I plan to
buy more next spring -- this will be the first time in five years that
I don't have any fatallis for hot sauce or pepper jelly.

Hope everyone else is well.

Matt