[CH] Yes, Where Are They? Matt Evans

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:56:00 -0400

John --

Thank you for your kind sentiments -- the generosity of the CH list
never ceases to amaze.  Over the years, I have received an enormous
amount of "merchandise" from "Taylor's Toilets".  I am truly lucky.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your health problems -- I trust
you're fully recovered?  Please let me know if there is anything I can
do.

Of the seven (out of 110) seedlings that survived my plague this
spring, one was a manzano (C. pubescens) that comes from a seed line
that originated with fresh chiles from my favorite Asian market in
Atlanta (Buford Hwy Farmer's Market, for you Atlanta CH's).  I bought
the chiles in spring 2001, not long after moving to Atlanta.  Seeds
saved from those chiles produced the first plants I had ever grown
from seed.  Surprisingly the plant has just started setting flowers --
I say "surprisingly" because it has consistently been in the low to
mid-90's here since early June.  I'll save seeds for another
generation if I actually get fruit....

Hope you're well.

Matt