Re: [CH] Yes, Where Are They?

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:40:56 -0400

Sandy --

Thank you very much.  We are exceptionally excited about the second
bun, but we're going through the "name game" again -- it's doubly hard
when you want to be surprised about the sex of the baby.

On topic, I am smoking a mess of tomatoes tonight, with a few chiles
thrown in for good measure.  We are growing our first garden in our
new home, and we have the odds stacked against us.  The previous
owners used the garden area for a playset for the kids.  It was
covered with six inches of mulch.  Because we needed the organic
matter, I just tilled the mulch into the soil....but, obviously, that
gave us nitrogen issues.  I fertilized by feel and just figured we'd
get a soil test next year after some of the mulch had decomposed.  The
tomatoes have exploded, but the chiles aren't doing as well -- not
sure why.  At any rate, we figured this year would be an experiment
and if we got anything we'd be happy -- so, we're happy.

By the way, I take exception to the statement that I am "coming out of
lurkdom"....just kidding...seems like we're all mostly lurkers these
days.

Matt