[CH] "How to Tape a Cat"

Bob Batson (rcb@kc.rr.com)
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:14:13 -0500

As some folks are feeling kind of nostalgic about the early days of
the Chile-Heads list, I thought I'd repost the following item from
gunterman@ccmailpc.ctron.com on Fri, 28 Apr 1995. Apparently
gunterman (I don't recall if male or female) was having an ongoing
problem with a neighbor's cat using his garden as a bathroom.
Finally, he posted the following to the list
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 95 13:18:01 EST
From: gunterman@ccmailpc.ctron.com
Subject: Cat 27 : Human 1 (HUMAN WINS!) / hot eats in NH

 >Take both owner and home owners assoc to small claims court.

normally would be a good suggestion but:

I am on the board of directors of the Condo Assn. So I must be extra
carefull  of my actions in relation to this issue

I can't really sue the assn if I am on it could I.. Well maybe I
could..hmmmmm. Anyway,

I think the problem is now solved.

I got a suggestion (off list) that sounded so great I _HAD_ to try it.
It was recommended that I take a few rolls of scotch tape and take them
off the  roll and lay it loosely around the yard. So I stopped on my way
home from work  last evening and got a few rolls.

this AM I saw the owner of the cat sitting on her front porch in her
nightgown  w' this cat in her lap, covered w/ tape. scissors in hand.
snip snip snip, peel  peel peel, grumble grumble. The cat is one of them
long haired types I think it  is called an agora or angora or something
like that.. well now it is called  "butch"

I was laughing so hard I _almost_ could not wave to her and
cheerfully yell
"good morning!"
The cat was not hurt at all but is a little bald  in a few areas.
Now if anyone ever asks, you'll know "How to Tape a Cat" and why

----
Bob Batson
rcb@kc.rr.com

"Chocolate is the true opiate of the masses"

----
Bob Batson