Re: [CH] Another Missing Person (Renee)

Linda Hutchinson (lipant@sympatico.ca)
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 15:12:37 -0400

We buy porchetta, made up and spiced, up north where my mom lives. It's
wonderful!
It's not hot spicy, but very spiced anyhow, and we enjoy it.  We have
treated our
neighbours too.  We don't see them locally though.

Linda

----- Original Message -----
From: Sandy Olson
To: ChileHeads
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 2:47 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Another Missing Person (Renee)

The dish you're trying to remember must be her porketta, John!  It's one of
Renee's signature dishes and I've enjoyed it a couple of times.  She has it
rolled at the butcher shop but it's mainly a pork butt, butterflied and
stuffed with a mixture of herbs and garlic and hot powders, then rolled,
tied and more of the same mixture rubbed into the outside.  Roasted
slowly....so good it's hard to describe!  I bought a prepared porketta spice
mixture once and now I remember it's still in back of my spice cabinet.  Got
to get it out and make one of these beauties.  I wonder how it would taste
smoked?

SandyO
CH #1146...salivating