Re: [CH] making pickles

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Tue, 08 Aug 2006 18:43:24 -0700

Helen Gillis wrote:

>Thanks for the recipe - it looks great.
>Not so sure about the adult libation, tho.  Reminds me of a Red Bull Jaggermeister Bomb thingie I got talked into once.  Sounded like a good idea at the time - not so good the next  morning...  I haven't found any pickled jal recipes that remain crisp.  All the ones I have seen involve heating them up which softens them... Where's RisaG when we need her?
>

>>The adult libation ain't bad either, one third red wine, one third Diet
>>Mountain Dew, one third gin or vodka (tonight its gin)

Nels.....1/3 red wine. 1/3  DIET Mountain Dew???? 1/3 gin.  Perhaps you
could tell me what the DIET stuff is for? To salve your conscience
regarding the over abundance of calories?? Do you get the feeling that
the old guy is giving yo a hard time? Pickles sound good though. Just
dunt let those Hutterites see ya imbibing a devil's cocktail such as
that! :-D Cheers, Doug in BC