Re: [CH] Low Acid Tomatoes

Mary-Anne Durkee (durkee.ch.list@gmail.com)
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:55:29 -0700

Matt,

I do the same as you "to be safe" I add lemon juice and BWB process 35
min for pints and 40 for quarts.  I mainly make varietal tomato
sauces, cooked down by 40-50% with dehydrated sliced garlic, chile
flakes, and fresh basil.

Tomatoes have the same ph, it is the Brix/sugar reading that varies,
thus the sweet/low acid comments.

Momotoro and Odorinko and Sungold were developed by the Japanese as
they prefer the sweetness.

Thanks again for the help getting back to being able to post.

Mary-Anne, the other Evans on the left coast