RE: [CH] Steve's Grilled Tequila Lime Shrimp

PBurke@mpi.mb.ca
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:38:13 -0500

As I am not a shrimp fan  ....this seems like a waste of booze....but that's just me.....

I suppose you could combine the tequila/lime juice/pepper mixture into some kind of "hot" margarita -

But who wants a margarita tasting like shrimp?? ....probably the same person eating the tequila shrimp ...

I am sure Rael would have suggestions..

P.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com [mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of Mary-Anne Durkee
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 2:39 PM
To: Chilehead
Subject: [CH] Steve's Grilled Tequila Lime Shrimp

This has become a favourite of ours and it is silly-easy.  Last time Steve made it he used Pickled Serranos and we liked it better!
mary-anne

Steve's Grilled Tequila Lime Shrimp

1 pound large shrimp, raw, in shell
1 cup good quality Tequila
1 cup fresh lime juice
1 - 7 oz. can sliced, pickled Jalapeno peppers (including juice)
2 Tbl. fresh minced garlic
½ cup olive oil
Long bamboo skewers

Method:

Butterfly shrimp and de-vein if necessary.  Combine all ingredients with shrimp in a re-sealable plastic bag or non-reactive bowl covered with plastic wrap.  Marinate, refrigerated for 1 - 2 hours.  While marinating, soak skewers in water.  Skewer shrimp crosswise (through the center of the body), 4 - 6 to a skewer.  Bar-B-Que until pink, turning once.  If possible, grill over a fire with some flavorful wood chips (Hickory, Apple, Pecan, etc.) to give the shrimp a smoky overtone.