RE: [CH] Steve's Grilled Tequila Lime Shrimp

Scott Peterson (scottp4@mindspring.com)
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:57:50 -0700

At 09:38 AM 8/24/2006, PBurke@mpi.mb.ca wrote:

>As I am not a shrimp fan  ....this seems like a waste of
>booze....but that's just me.....
>
>I suppose you could combine the tequila/lime juice/pepper mixture
>into some kind of "hot" margarita -
>
>But who wants a margarita tasting like shrimp?? ....probably the
>same person eating the tequila shrimp ...

This is arguing that you shouldn't use vodka because it tastes like a
Bloody Mary...and you don't like tomatoes.

Tequila, like rum and a lot of other liquors and liqueurs can be used
to add some very unique flavors to foods. I've had Tequila Shrimp
recipes and they've tasted pretty good.  I think this recipe has a
lot of promise.

                                           Scott Peterson

--
Don't pet the sweaty things, and