Re: [CH] BIG REDS, personal consumption (and gifts to friends)

John Sphar (chilehead@pacbell.net)
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:48:13 -0700 (PDT)

Why?  Last year I had already made the sauces by August...  Tey were inthe stores by end of July.

John S.

----- Original Message ----
From: Tina Brooks <shoestring_louise@yahoo.com>
To: John Sphar <chilehead@pacbell.net>; Chilehead List <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 1:40:54 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] BIG REDS, personal consumption (and gifts to friends)

Whoever the grower is, he won't have peppers for at
least another month.

--- John Sphar <chilehead@pacbell.net> wrote:

> At my local Whole Foods last year in July, I almost
> fainted when I saw a bin full of a big red obviously
> chinense, some were 2 inches across.  Most were as
> round as a globe.  The produce mgr. can't get them
> this year.  I must have made four trips and bought a
> total of bought 25 pounds of them (at 10.00 per
> pound).
>
> He says the grower is in Canada and called then red
> habaneros.  (Around here though, anything chinense
> is marked habaneros at the grocery stores). They are
> either Scotch bonnet or Habanero, a beautiful red,
> but I have no idea of the variety.    Well, no
> picture I've seen yet typifies this chile.  I made
> Louisiana and Belizean style sauces with these and I
> am running out.  I forgot to ask him the name of the
> grower.
>
> Does anyone know: The grower of this type, 2:  where
> I can get these fresh (I'm in San Jose, CA but would
> pay for shipping)?
> Gracias.  John S.

=====

Tina Brooks
VP Marketing, Peppermaster Hot Sauces
www.peppermaster.com
Brooks Pepperfire Foods Inc.

Phone: (450) 451-6770
26 St. Jean Baptiste
Rigaud, Quebec
J0P 1P0

=====

Join our hot pepper discussion group at http://www.thehotpepper.com

Have you ever had an Elephant Pepper??? No? Ask me about my Elephant Pepper project: Feeding the world, one pepper at a time.

  =====