Re: [CH] Real Women Eat Chiles

Susan Welsand (chilewmn1@bluemarble.net)
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:12:50 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the mention Sandy, I don't think I've seen it mentioned ont his
list. I got a copy from the publisher the day we were leaving for the
hotluck in Madison last April so I brought it along. I was
pleasantly surprised how many people
wanted to buy a copy, It is a beautiful book, with great photos. Best part
for me was: Terry took the photo of me! We have had interesting
experiences with photographers for various articles: one magazine sent a
photographer who took many many pictures of me and they ended up using
only pictures of peppers. So Terry decided to take some photos and send
them to the publisher. I think it was about this time last year. It is
cold outside, freezing in my house (too stubborn to start the woodstove
yet) but in the greenhouse it is balmy. SO he took some pictures in the
greenhouse and the publisher loved them and decided to use his photo
instead! He took a lot of photos that day and they have been used in a
variety of newspaper and  magazine articles. We joke that he is a
professional photographer now.
Hats off to Jane Butel for another great cookbook. And thanks to her for
including me. She said she was looking for women who ate healthy and liked
the idea of including someone from the Midwest. I told her I wasn't
unusual, there are lots of chile-eating gals in this part of the country.
I'm always surprised people find it unusual for chiles to be eaten/grown
in the Midwest. That was the hook for the people from Trading Spouses too.
I tell them they need to meet Jim if they really want to know about
growing peppers in the Midwest.
Susan
The Chile  Woman