Re: [CH] Plants, Seeds, PLANTS? Totally Podular man!

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:08:46 -0700 (PDT)

We only grow about 25 plants now, all of them in pots
and all of them are considered house plants. They will
be culled based on size and only the smallest plants
will get to stay. Right now, I'm just keeping them for
the seeds.

As for seeds. I really have no idea how long seeds can
be viable for. I do know that they say that the longer
the seeds wait, the less possibility for viability.
That said, I also know for a fact that seeds that have
been kept properly have been known to propogate 1000s
of years after harvest... What is "properly"... ask
those seeds.

I know, not helpful, but I had to chime in.

--- Ted Wagner <trwagner1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, this originally was "Subject: RE: [CH] Aji
> Amarillo Heat"
>
>  I read John's post about seeds and stuff and a
> thought struck me...
>
>  A lot of you guys talk about seeds....and several
> of you here, from what I can gather, have a sizeable
> amount of plants...
>
>  Collectively, this is a tremendous resource
> here....I mean, let's look at me.  My little 10' x
> 10' garden is ALL I HAVE!  ;)
>
>  Do some of you guys have small green houses...or
> yet, even larger?  I mean, the varieties I read
> about sometimes not only makes me DROOL but read in
> envy!
>
>  But, I'm just the curious sort.  Let's take a
> survey here 'cause I'm curious about the origin of
> all the seed....and the plants they come from.
>

>  What size property/garden do you have?
>
>  How many plants do you grow?
>
>  Do you COLLECT seed?  (not sure about this, seed is
> only good for a couple years I thought, what's the
> point... ???)
>
>  Just curious.  ;)
>
>  Ted the Chilehead

=====