Re: [CH] Residual heat in cookware

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:40:43 -0500

Scott Peterson wrote:

>> I used my favorite Le Creuset pot.  When I was finished, I gave it a
>> normal washing, nothing special.  After it dried, I could still smell
>> that fatali/hab aroma in it, and I wondered how much heat was
>> lingering with that aroma.

> I assume this is an uncoated pot.  If so, you need to remember that iron
> is porous and it will retain stuff for a while.  If that's a problem,
> reseason it as you would a frying pan.

Well seasoned cast iron (like my Dutch Oven and 10" skillet) is nearly
non-stick and not porous at all - although that coating is organic and
not ceramic or chemical.

Le Creuset is enameled cast iron. Except the ones that are Teflon.
(yes, I KNOW it's blasphemy).

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

"Who does not love beer, wine, women and song remains a fool his whole
life long." --Carl Worner