RE: [CH] Residual heat in cookware

Riley J. McIntire (Riley@ChileGarden.com)
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:20:39 -0700

Scott Peterson [scottp4@mindspring.com] wrote:
> At 11:52 AM 10/11/2006, Dave Drum wrote:

>> Le Creuset is enameled cast iron. Except the ones that are Teflon.
>> (yes, I KNOW it's blasphemy).

> Not to me.  I'm far to pragmatic a cook.  The real answer to the

I like my non-stick. And damn the fumes! Birds belong in mines, not
kitchens.

> Not all of them are coated.  I've a couple Le Creuset pots (not
> frying pans) that are plain iron on the inside.  Photographs on
> request if you don't believe me. <g>

I thought they were. All that I've seen have been. Going back to original...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/HabaneroHead/Open%20Fields%202006/sau
ce_stove.jpg

...it seems to be enameled. So, we have a few possibilities;

1) Alex doesn't know how to wash;
2) Enamel has enough porosity to absorb some residual flavor; or
3) It's not enameled and the organic seasoning allows significant
absorption.

> The problem is that the chile oil works its way into the seasoning
> surface on the pot. The only way to get it out is clean off the

I vote for 1 & 2. Alex?

Riley
--
"Be who you are and say what you feel,