Re: [CH] plants coming indoors...

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 07:02:25 -0700 (PDT)

--- Doug Irvine <dougandmarie@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Dave Drum wrote:
> > Tina Brooks wrote:
> >> I had a friend offer me a couple of nagas and
> thais
> >> that have been growing outside. It is my intent
> >> bring them inside... any ideas what to do to
> protect
> >> my houseplants???
> >
> > Take the new comers to the vet and have them
> de-clawed and neutered.
> > Bob Barker will thank you.
>

> > David. David, David! I've known you HOW long??? 10
> YARS?  And you aint
> > improved with age? Yeah, maaybe you have! Anywho,
> to borrow Don's
> > favourite expresion, Tina, he is correct. Isolate
> the newcomers until
> > you are certain that they are bug free. I just
> brought one HUGE Kung
> > Pao hybrid in. as it was loaded with fruit, just
> tuning red, and I
> > wanted them to continue doing their thing, inside,
> even though we
> > still have not had a frost yet. Out here we may
> not even get one until
> > November, but I hate losing chiles. Check your
> newcomers daily for
> > bugs, white or black flies, aphids, or whatever
> other creepy crawlies
> > exist in Keeeebec, so long since I lived in
> Ottawa, that I have
> > forgotten. But you are NOT that far away from
> where I lived for 10
> > years. Then, when you ae certain taht they are "
> de-clawed and
> > neutered" move 'em in with your other plants. Have
> fun, good luck,
> > from the OLD guy who has been container growing
> for about 20 years, on
> > an apartment building deck! Cheers, Doug in BC
> about to hit 81 in 2
> > 1/2 months!

I thought David was joking and replied that I had no
intent of neutering my plants!

The plants have been soil grown and are going into the
pots today... Aside from isolating them from our other
plants, which is pretty much an impossibility if we
consider flying insects, is there anything else I
should do?

=====

Tina Brooks
VP Marketing, Peppermaster Hot Sauces