Re: [CH] Hot News Regarding Your Blood Sugar

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:38:30 -0800

Buffalo Sue wrote:

Hi Sue, and C-H bunch....I have been diabetic since being diagnosed in
1990, and as some of you are aware, I am just over a month away from
hitting my 82nd year.  I have been eating chiles, in one form or
another, almost every day since I started eating them big time in about
93, when I started growing my own.  My blood sugar levels, with very few
exceptions, runs in the normal range all the time, and even if I indulge
in sweet stuff once in awhile, it still does not "spike". I take no
medication for diabetes and have really never even been on a diabetic
diet. We do use Splenda in all cooking and Marie uses it in baking,
although even in baking she will use a 50/50 sugar Splenda split,
because Splenda does not have the bulk of sugar, which some baking
recipes require. Recently Splenda introduced a brown sugar Splenda
product, which she has been using with great success. So, I can agree
with Dr. Ball's findings 100 %  and it is great to see someone with a
little clout endorsing what I have known for so many years. Cheers, Doug
in BC