Re: [CH] Fw: Mongolian Fire Pot Beef Fillet

Linda Hutchinson (lipant@sympatico.ca)
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:29:57 -0500

That's great!  When I was brand new and Tabasco was my only easy-to-find hot
sauce,
Rockin' Randy sent me a care package!  I never forgot it!

And so many times I have been helped out.... thanks again all of you!

Linda
----- Original Message -----
From: Sandy Olson
To: ChileHeads
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:10 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Fw: Mongolian Fire Pot Beef Fillet

Linda, your delicious-sounding recipe for Mongolian Fire Pot Beef brings
back fond memories of my early days on this list.  I had yearned for an
authentic Mongolian Fire Pot, the type with the center chimney for charcoal.
Living in a small town in Iowa, there was NO chance of finding one anywhere
close by.  I searched online and finally found just what I wanted at an
Asian grocery store in Denver.  I asked on this list if anyone lived in
Denver and immediately received three responses.  One guy...sorry, but
simply can't recall the name...said he drove by that Asian grocery every day
going to and from work.  I sent him a check; he sent me the pot.  I love it
and the entire story once again attests to the quality of the people on this
list.

I have never figured out whether good people eat chiles or do chiles bring
out the goodness in people?  It doesn't matter; this list is the one I've
remained with for years, it's the one I read daily and usually first, and I
wish all CHers a wonderful year in 2007.  The Moderate Corps will flourish,
Open Fields will remain the finest and best CH gathering in North America,
all our vendor-members will become outrageously rich and famous, and we'll
all remain healthy and wise.  Happy New Year, everyone!!

SandyO
CH #1146 and darn proud of it!