Re: [CH] Way off topic, but a great idea.

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:03:27 -0700

Rael64 wrote:
> I'd keep those tire chains.  You just never know what
> may come in New Mexico.  And don't make the mistake I
> did of getting rid of all your cold gear thinking NM
> is a sunny paradise.  It ain't.
>
> 'Course, you're moving a bit further south than ABQ;
> my travels down there were more pleasant.  Don't
> forget to make regular trips to Truth or Consequence.
> Groovy place, there.
>
> Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......
> Rael64
>

> --- Dave Anderson <chilehead@tough-love.com> wrote:
>

>> (Remember those?) and some
>> tire chains. Lots of
>> people in need out there.
>>
>> Dave

I would listen to Don, Dave! One time in mid fall, October I flew into
ABQ, and the Sandias were totally covered in a nice? blanket of snow!  I
suffered the same culture shock as Rael did. We had flown from Northern
Ontario, a radar base, part of the old PineTree early warning chain,
where we had to get out and get the ice off the wings of a Dakota DC 3,
in order to get of the ground, and then landed there and saw all that
snow....pilot said, laughing, I think it came with us, guys!
Hang onto your snow shovels and chains, David....I was hitch hiking by
air to LA, and I must say when we flew into George AFB it was a whole
heck of a lot nicer! !   Cheers, old Doug in BC