Re: [CH] White Chilli

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:47:45 -0600

Mary-Anne Durkee wrote:

> White Chili Powder is quite hot VBG  They use it at Brick Lane Curry
> House in their infamous Phal.

> mary-anne

> DECEMBER 27, 2005

> NICOLE DAVIS
> EATS & DRINKS

> "Why are you getting that?" Ganesh asked when I ordered the phaal. To
> be sure, it's never a good sign when a restaurant's staff turns its
> nose at the food coming out of the kitchen. But I understood his
> dismay. Brick Lane Curry House, a standout in the mulligatawny of
> sub-par, East 6th Street Indian joints, has dozens of excellent
> options, and I had chosen the one gut bomb.

> "Have you ever tried the phaal?" I asked Ganesh.

> "Oh, no. Only a few teaspoons. It's insanity. But you know that."

Thanks to all - I got what I really needed from another list that I am
on. One of the members sent me a link to a page with a nice listing of
chilies and powdered chilies. I am including it in this post so others
can go to check it out if their curiousity is roused. I learned a bit
there. And the pictures are nice.
http://www.clovegarden.com/ingred/chili.html#var

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

"Reason, the faculty that identifies and integrates the material
provided by the senses, is man's basic tool of survival."