Re: [CH] Sad News

Linda Hutchinson (lipant@sympatico.ca)
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 17:29:37 -0500

Oh no!!!  That is really too bad!!  Tom was cheerful and helpful and a good
friend.

If absolutely no one will do the cards, I will. I am really busy with our
business but there is always time to be found if you want to.

Linda Hutchinson

----- Original Message -----
From: Sandy Olson
To: ChileHeads
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2007 4:14 PM
Subject: [CH] Sad News

Hello CHers...

I received an email last night from Cindy Price, wife of Tom Price (BigTom)
who has long produced and sold our "official" CH membership cards.  Many of
us have had them for years but they have not been promoted for a long time
as Tom was unable to post to the list anymore.

At any rate, Cindy informed me that Tom died rather suddenly on Dec. 21st.
I don't have details but what she wanted us to know was that she will not be
continuing with the production of the cards.  She is willing to turn over
all the materials she has plus the graphic if anyone on the list wants to
take on this little business.  She said he didn't keep very good records so
she doesn't know where the numbers left off but perhaps someone here does
have that info.  She will just send whatever she has and hope the recipient
can make some sense of it.  She will also forward any requests for cards to
the new person's email address.

Is anyone intereted in keeping this going?  I don't think it would be a
difficult thing and it really is fun to be a card-carrying chile head.  If
the new producer was also a member of other lists, there would most likely
be a good market for cards.  Most of us on this list have them, I believe
(perhaps I'm wrong; someone correct me if that's the case).

Since Cindy can't post, I'll pass along any comments to her.  Tom was a nice
guy.  He and Cindy hosted the Midwest Hot Luck a few years ago at their home
in Des Moines, IA.

SandyO
CH #1146