Re: [CH] World's hottest chile

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:15:25 -0800 (PST)

to accusing the perpetrators of it of cheating. They
didn't even actually have to say "hoax", they've done
a good enough job in creating enough smoke and mirrors
for everyone to believe that the Jolokia really was a
hoax. Even I believed it was. They also insinuated
that the peppers might not have been properly tested
and brought into question the scientific ability of
the Indian scientists. In addition to that, since Dr.
Bosland has had these peppers in his possession since
2001... why wasn't the hoax idea removed from the
table BEFORE I personally got into this business in
2003-2004? Why is it only coming to light this past
year?

To add insult to injury, if I were the scientist who
had been accused of cheating, I would have ignored the
requests as well.

I don't begin to fathom the dynamics of this whole
escapade, but something is not right in the state of
Denmark.

--- jim@wildpepper.com wrote:

> He *didn't* accuse them of cheating.  He merely
> expressed good
> scientific skepticism that a frutescens- which is
> what they claimed it
> to be at the time- would test that high since no
> other known had ever
> tested higher than 100 k.  The skepticism was
> furthered by the total
> lack of a response for either data or more
> information.
>
> -Jim C
> MWPH

=====