RE: [CH] Aleppo pepper?

John Sphar (chilehead@pacbell.net)
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:25:13 -0700

When you mentioned the paprika it reminds me that I bought some pimiento de
espelette from Whole Foods a couple weeks ago, 1/2 oz. for 8.00.  I found a
recipe for Basque chicken with Espelette Piperade on the fiery-foods site.
Mainly chicken, bells, onions, tomatoes, garlic, the chile powder and a bit
of thyme.  It was VERY good with a completely delicious, moderate heat.  The
powder is not molido but somewhat coarse.  Another very red dish!

John

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of Alex Silbajoris
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 6:25 PM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] Aleppo pepper?

>From: Cameron Begg <PheasantPlucker@columbus.rr.com>

>I found it to insipid to be of much use in our kitchen. I suggest the dry,
>powder and snort route.

Oh, come on!  At least acknowledge that it's robust in its mediocrity!

Seriously, it does have a rich flavor.  I think I'll try something like a
chicken paprikash with thighs and this pepper flake, see what I get.

It will certainly be RED anyway heh

- A

Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more. Visit MSN
Presents today.
http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline&ocid=T002MSN03A07001