Re: [CH] Fire in the hole! The hottest chili is ready for theworld

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 20:45:42 -0400

Andy --

Personally, I really like the vinegary mix and the reaction that
occurs during processing -- the vinegar becomes thick and viscous and
the flavor is awesome.

Now, with that said, I have been fortunate enough in the past to have
received some gifts from JohnT through the mail.  Everything he has
ever sent me has been spectacular, so I'm sure that his method is also
exceptional.

JohnT's idea to dehydrate for powders and flakes is also awesome.  I
would encourage you to smoke some of the chiles prior to dehydrating,
too.

I never attempt to remove any seeds for making my relish, but I do
remove seeds if drying for powder.

Matt