Re: [CH] (OT) The Half Wit

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:13:21 -0700

jim@wildpepper.com wrote:
> Ripe sermon?
>
> Ask your preacher not to bathe for a week :-)
>
> Haven't a clue what a sermon is, but I'd suspect it'd react to ripening
> gas like most anything else.
>

> I actually *did* get a call from a gov'ment b-crat who inquired if I was
> a veggie/fruit grower who did business with a distributor.  I answered
> that I did, because I filled both roles (grower/distributor).  She
> informed that I hadn't filed some sort of fair pricing agreement that
> needed to be on file with some office of some ag dept, basically stating
> that I wouldn't overcharge the distributor and was aware of some sort of
> fair pricing policy.  I asked again if she understood that I sold them
> to myself.  "Yes- but it doesn't matter, the form needs to be on file".
> Exsisting somewhere in the offices of some obscure ag office is a form
> that does indeed state that I promise not to overcharge myself when
> selling myself my chiles.
>
> -Jim
> http://www.StepUpforCharity.org

HAH! a long time ago when I had my music business in Kelowna and
Kamloops BC, I would get very  lengthy forms to fill in regarding our
tax position, number of employees, etc. 2 different and separate
branches of the Federal Govt were the senders. One time, when we had
been exceptionally busy and I did not have time to fool around with this
crap, I filled both forms with nonsensical gibberish, sent the one form
in the other forms envelope, and vice versa! For some strange reason, it
worked....I never again received those types of forms from either
department! Sometimes it pays to defy the bureaucracy!Cheers, the old
guy in BC who has a couple of red peppers sitting on one plant