Re: [CH] Ask the sauce maker

JohnT Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:06:41 -0500

Fortunately,  most of us don't go to OF for the pod harvest.  Jim, I hope
you aren't talking abt your commercial fields?

Alex, do you toast your cumin seeds before using?  I'm making another batch
of salsa tomorrow and so far have used cumin seeds w/o grinding or toasting.
Just reread your post and see that you use ground seeds.  Sorry.

jt

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jim@wildpepper.com
  To: HAK
  Cc: Alex Silbajoris ; chile Heads
  Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:50 PM
  Subject: Re: [CH] Ask the sauce maker

  Just walked the fields and maybe found 5 chiles in an acre of plants.
  This heat and terrible drought is just wreaking havoc on them :-/

  And to think that this time last year I was complaining about the
  unusual cold and wet :-)

  It's just how God keeps the amateurs out of the business ;-)

  -Jim
  http://www.StepUpforCharity.org