Re: [CH] What type of pepper is this?

Rael64 (z42dkm@yahoo.com)
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 15:21:43 -0700 (PDT)

I've grown a variety of chile that did go by the name
of "thai hot", and the photo looks pretty much like
them.  Helpful name indeed.  Never dried any, but they
look to be the same.  Very small, extremely compact
plant - a bush really; mine grew to a height of 1.5
feet at best, *maybe* 2 feet. Very prolific producer.
each (this was when in Northern Miss., so long growing
season).  Did quite well in sandy soil w/not much
watering aside from rain (and I don't remember it to
be a particularly wet season).  As said, though, "thai
hot" was the name.  Very intense heat, but not too
lingering.  Toss a couple in a stir fry though, and
you'd know it, quick.  Front of the mouth bite.

For you who really know chiles, the pods went from
green to red (no other colors) and grew upright.
Looked like a little Christmas bush...whatever the
hell a christmas bush is.  Anywho...

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......
Rael64

Need a vacation? Get great deals