Re: [CH] What type of pepper is this?

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:05:15 -0500

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 03:21:43PM -0700, Rael64 wrote:
> I've grown a variety of chile that did go by the name
> of "thai hot", and the photo looks pretty much like
> them.
[....]
> Very small, extremely compact
> plant - a bush really; mine grew to a height of 1.5
> feet at best, *maybe* 2 feet. Very prolific producer.

That's them.  I'd forgotten about that.  Mine never got more than about
6 inches tall (planted late), but each plant was constantly LOADED with
peppers AND blossoms (pick one pepper and five blossoms replace it, or
so it seemed).

> Toss a couple in a stir fry though, and you'd know it, quick.  Front of
> the mouth bite.

Yep....

> For you who really know chiles, the pods went from
> green to red (no other colors) and grew upright.

And, if I remember correctly, they ripened very quickly.  Either that,
or there were just so many on the bush that I got mixed up...don't
remember for sure.  I definitely remember picking about a handful just
about every day.

Do you know where I can get some of these next year?

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running FreeBSD 6.1 >
spooky130@cox.net    ICBM/Hurricane: 30.39735N 86.60439W

        Do not look into waveguide with remaining eye!