Re: [CH] Chile as terrorist weapon

phirsch@nypl.org
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 00:10:13 -0400

Andy,

Thanks. I think I may have heard of that particular "special" dinner and
would love to partake of it. I have fond memories of the fairly well known
grill in Cambridge, Mass. (name eludes me at the moment) Which stand it's
ground on the heat and also has "Hell nights" or something in that
vicinity. Though I am not quite of the pain loving ilk of Brethren Rael64,
I do feel cheated when something merely "tastes good" but does not kick
back. I know this is like saying you are into Heavy Metal or "guts and
gore" flicks (which I'm not) but I can't help it in this area. I can't tell
you how much of my time is spent in restaurants saying "I want it hot. I
mean like you mean hot. Don't worry, I won't send it back" and then having
to ask if they can bring me the chilies, all of the chilies (not just the
sweet chili/garlic paste). I have hit the wall on a few occasions (one
Laotian place in Paris and a couple of my own culinary efforts come to
mind), but that hasn't dimmed my lust for the "hard stuff".

Not bragging or anything; just telling it like it is.

Peter Hirsch (old enough - 57 - to know better, but doesn't)