Re: [CH] Cranberry relish

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:04:25 -0800

Nels Peterson Family wrote:
> My yearly recipe for cranberry/citrus/chile relish
>
> 1 pound cranberries
> 1 citrus fruit (lime, orange or lemon)
> Hot chiles to flavor, (I use one or two jalapenos or a serrano or two)
> One cup sugar (more or less to flavor)
>
> whir it up in the food processor till finely chopped. Best made a day or
> two ahead of time.  Left over is really good as a glaze on a pork loin
> too.
>
> Nels in ND

Just out of curiosity, where do you find one pound packages of
cranberries? Ours here in Canada the packs have been 12 ozs, 340 gms!
Last time we were in Washington State, the packages were the same as at
home in BC. And for that matter, the cranberries likely came from the
same bog here in BC! BC and I believe Mass. supply most of the berries
in North America.
I will take it to mean 12oz pkg for 1 pound....
Cheers, old Doug in BC, soon to hit 82 in 40 days! Still cookin, still
eating chiles!