Re: [CH] Re: Poblano

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Tue, 01 Jan 2008 21:38:07 -0600

chilehead@tough-love.com wrote:

> There are a few companies that are now selling "Hybrid" Poblano seeds,
> but the catalogs don't really say why they're better than open
> pollinated varieties. I sell two op varieties, Ancho Poblano and Ancho
> Mulato. Mulato is a a little bit darker, but size and heat are about the
> same. Seeds of op varieties are a lot cheaper.

What you said ... I prefer the darker Mulato as I think it has better
flavour. I grind both both ancho and mulato for my chilli spice mix.
The mulato seems to add a depth of flavour that is missing when I use
just the ancho - and the resultant chilli cooks up darker brown ...
more away from the traditional "Bowl of Red" side.

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

If you want government to intervene domestically, you're a liberal.
If you want government to intervene overseas, you're a conservative.
If you want government to intervene everywhere, you're a moderate. If
you don't want government to intervene anywhere, you're an extremist.
--Joseph Sobran, Editor of the National Review at one time (1995)