RE: [CH] Green Chile BBQ Sauce

John Sphar (chilehead@pacbell.net)
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 16:00:34 -0800

Hey JJK, I don't have a recipe, but i bet you can get one easily.  What I'm
thinking about is a green chile mustard BBQ sauce.  You know how mustard is,
it's the biggerst part of sauces in the Carolina's I can't remember which,
because they divide up one of those states into north-south. Never could
figure that out. I bet you can make one of those with some pureed roasted
green stuck in there!  You think?
John

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of jjk
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 9:56 PM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] Green Chile BBQ Sauce

Anyone have a decent recipe?  I found one on the net a couple years ago and
it was awful!  Kraft hickory with a 1/2 cup of green chile would have been
much, much better.

I know the spicy, smoky sweetness of roasted green chile (Hatch,
preferred) would work well with a sweet, tangy, spicy BBQ sauce, but I just
can't seem to find the right combination.

--
JJK
CH # 1149

jknoll4@cox.net