[CH] [ch] reusing hot sauce bottles...

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 08:15:55 -0800 (PST)

You're right. You can sterilize and reuse the bottles
easily.

--- Jonathan Smillie <jonathan.smillie@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I started making my own hot sauce (for private
> distribution only) this
> past fall, and now I've got several empty bottles
> (standard 5-oz hot
> sauce style) that used to contain it. Can I, if I
> clean and sterilize
> these bottles, use them again for another batch of
> sauce?
>
> I'm assuming that the caps and reducers (being
> plastic) probably can't
> be effectively re-sterilized, but the bottles are
> glass, so a good few
> minutes' boiling after they've been hand-washed and
> run through the
> dishwasher to remove residue ought to do it - or am
> I wrong?

=====

Tina Brooks
VP Marketing, Peppermaster Hot Sauces www.peppermaster.com
Brooks Pepperfire Foods Inc. www.pepperfire.ca

Phone: (514) 393-3430
26 St. Jean Baptiste, East
Rigaud, Quebec, Canada
J0P 1P0

Network with me on www.gourmetbusinessforum.com -- The premier online business community for food professionals

  Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose. Helen Keller