RE: [CH] [Fwd: Blood Sauce]

Frank J. Hashek (fhashek@comcast.net)
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:07:04 -0400

Animal heads of all sorts, also duck heads, can frequently be found in the
meat case at Jungle Jim's.
http://www.junglejims.com/

Don't know how one would use a duck's head.

No, they don't pay me, although I wish that they did.  Sometimes pig and,
infrequently, other heads are available at some of the local Hispanic
groceries.

A hog's head is often the basis of a scrapple recipe, although there are
quickie scrapple recipes that do not require boiling up a hog's head.

As a child, my Mother would scramble eggs, maybe 6 or 8 to the pound, with
pork or veal brains.  That was when there were real meat markets that
wrapped their products in butcher paper, after you selected them and also
cut meat to order.  No plastic wrap involved.

Chipotle in Adobo would have been good on my Mom's brain dish, but I was
unaware at the time.

My Dad did allow both spices (salt and pepper) on the table at every meal.

Blue skies,
Frank