Re: [CH] Black and white and red all over

JohnT (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:52:25 -0500

Alex,

Haven't had an experience like that since the '60s.  I hope this all turns
out well for you.

jt

----- Original Message -----
From: Alex Silbajoris
To: chile heads
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 9:21 AM
Subject: [CH] Black and white and red all over

Pods,

This morning I was cleaning stuff out of the refrigerator, and I pulled out
a bowl with about 3 cups of chicken broth.  On a shelf I also had a jar with
a remaining little handful of dried blackeyed peas.  So, Nature took her
cruel but beautiful course.

But I thought, it needed something more.  So I seeded a dried California
pepper and snipped it into squares about the same size as the peas.  That
turned the broth dark red and gave it a nice aroma.

But, I ran out of time before I had to go to work, so I put the
almost-finished peas in the Big Refrigerator (aka the garage) until I can
get back to them later.  Dang job.

 - A