Re: [CH] one big chilli -- a lot of bull...

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Tue, 13 May 2008 18:43:59 -0500

KnoxBill wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/68njuz

> ok, my education as a cowboy (when i was about eight) was mainly in
> detective work, and catching bank robbers...i wasn't in class the  day
> they had the lessons about cows...

> this is a male "cow"...is that possible?...i thought a male bovine was a
> bull...

> the article also refers to him as a 'heifer'...this seems to go against
> the little i remember my fellow cowpokes trying to teach me...isn't a
> heifer a lady cow?...

I. of course, being a smartass left the following comment:

/begin pasted/

Your writer needs a quick course in animal husbandry to include the
definitions of the terms "cow", "heifer", "bull or bullock", "steer".
Words DO have meanings. It appears from the photographs that Chilli
may have had half of his wedding tackle removed - which would make him
a steer.

/end pasted/

Of course - for those not in the know - a heifer is a virgin cow. A
cow is a female bovine which has been bred at least once. A bull (or
bullock) is an intact male bovine. A steer has donated half his
wedding tackle to a "Mountain Oyster" fest and is incapable of turning
a heifer into a cow.

Chilli appears, from the camera shots to be a steer as no danglers are
visible ... and as big as that scutter is they should be as prominent
  as the ones dangling from the bumper hitch of a red-neck's pickemup
truck.  Bv)=

But, jeez, Louise. That big boy, coarse minced would make a huge pot
of red, wouldn't he?

--
ENJOY!!!

 From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAHOOOOAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

... All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and Jill a rich widow.
-- Evan Esar