Re: [CH] I believe in BBQ

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Wed, 14 May 2008 18:51:05 -0400

I sort of disagree with the idea of starting with the WSM (Weber Smoky
Mountain).  Starting out with a difficult, hard to control smoker really
teaches you about fire control.  I struggled with a Brinkman water smoker for
a year before moving up to the WSM.

Believe me, futzing with a smoker with no vent controls is not a pretty
situation, when you have to poke and prod every 20 or 30 minutes, and
anticipate the need for fuel.  As you know there can be a half hour lag when
trying to raise, lower or even maintain a steady temp.  After a period of time
with that nonsense you get a real appreciation for what the WSM is capable of
when you finally go for it.

I'm intrigued by the DigiQ II, will have to look into it.

In the mean time, I don't know if you've seen this...

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/fun_with_fire/outdoor/outerfire.html

=Mark

On Wed, 14 May 2008 14:54:21 -0700, Dana H. Myers wrote

--
=Mark

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens